Tuesday 3 September 2019

Redhill School Cross Country 2019 - Our Stories

After running Cross country...

we wrote a short story about our day here our some excerpts.


The year four boys were next, I was nervous because it like butterflies were flying around in my stomach. When I started running my tummy started to feel worse.  Then it stopped while I ran.  - Lotoa Y4

"Grr!" My tummy rumbled so loud that my  friend could hear it next to me. I started to get nervous like I had to say a speech in front of the whole school.
Suddenly Mrs Mundy asked for the Year 6 Girls. I walked to the starting line, I wasn't going to run hard out to start because I might waste my energy.
At the starting line was a lot of girls, but I really didn't care. I was worried just about me. Ms Castle finally counted 3, 2, 1 BANG the two blocks smacked together. - Janaya Year 6

When it was my turn to run I was afraid to run the race.
Ms Kereopa said "Go!"
I ran as fast as I could until Elijah almost pushed me onto the road. I slowed down and ended up fourth. - Joshua Year 5


At the beginning of the race I had butterflies. At the end I came last it made me embarrassed. I felt like I never want to run again . I hate running I just have too. But after all I am not the only one who came last. - R Year 5

When the juniors students started racing I was so confident in the little kids. It was getting closer to my turn I was getting butterflies in my stomach. - Te Horakau  Year 5

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Fred from St Patrick's School. I like your post about cross country I love cross country it because it is exercise.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to be helpful, thoughtful and encouraging.