Monday 13 May 2019

STEM - Catapults



Then the challenge was to modify the catapult to make it better. Aim straight instead of straight up. (Although this was handy so people didn't get pieces flying in their face)





One part I found tricky was adding the rubber band that twisted around all the craft sticks. - Malakai


was trying to get my catapult to aim straight, more horizontal than vertical so I tried lifting the base of the catapult so it was raised off the table. It still went high with a more horizontal momentum. - Akram



I wanted to aim more accurately so I added more sticks to increase the torque of the spring. It ended up with more power to fling in the object in a vertical direction. - Dante

Heating up the plastic spoon I was able to change the shape of the bucket. Now the object flies in a more horizontal arc. - Paul

We had a lot of fun making a catapult. It was even better when we could change it up I added two buckets. - Josh


4 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs Mundy I like what you are doing It looks very nice but I would like to see you doing It by your self from Nikayla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Girls as the teacher I do have a model but I usually only take photos of the children completing the tasks.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mrs Mundy I like what you are doing with your ice block sticks, you're very creative with those ice block sticks. Next time can we see you do it yourself please Mrs Mundy?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Girls as the teacher I do have a model but I usually only take photos of the children completing the tasks.

      Delete

Please remember to be helpful, thoughtful and encouraging.